23 March 2008 at 11:13:05 AM
Posted a bit ago about the receipts to Miller's campaign. Now for the expenditures, just pulling out the ones that look interesting to me, you can see them all here. Remember when you look at the dates, below, that the Texas legislature, 80th session, adjourned on May 28, 2007.
- 7/12/2007HEB Stephenville 74.00 fuel
- July 18, 2007 Amazon Literature 45.63 (how was this paid for? Credit card?) That's on page 11 of hte PDF.
- 7/20/2007 Texas Ethics Commission- 800.00 has it listed as FEE but you know it's a FINE for his ethics violations (Wrote about this before) and also here. And here is the PDF to the TEC complaint against him.
- Texas Ethics Commission- 1700.00 Fee 7/9/2007 Ditto on this one.
- 7/29/2007 Pappasito's Cantita Houston 42.72 meals
- 7/30/2007- Clarion Inn and Suites Austin 35.00 Lodging
- 7/30/2007-Diamond Shamrock Lampasses 49.12 Fuel
- 7/30/2007 HEB Stephenville 73.62 Fuel
- 8/9/2007- Cattleman's Ft Worth Steak House 43.97 meal
- 8/7/2007-Exxon Food Plaza 74.83 fuel Stephenville
- 8/16/2007H EB Stephenville 74.00 fuel
- 8/16/2007 Cotton Patch Cafe38.19 meal
- 8/22/2007-Major Brd Gas (lampasses) 55.99 fuel\
- 8/22/2007- Clarion Inn and Suites Austin 35 Lodging
- 9/5/2007Quick Sac Clarendon Tex - fuel
- 9/7/2007Murphy WalMart Childress 95.50 fuel
- 9/8/2007HEB Stephenville 73.85 fuel
- 9/8/2007 HEB Stephenville 73.00 fuel
- 9/17/2007Major Brd Gas - 67.27 fuel
- 9/26/2007- Clarion Inn and Suites Austin 35.00 Lodging
- 9/30/2007- Circle K Liberty HIll TX 74.75 fuel
- Oct 3, 2007- Carono's Italian Grill in Waco 44.17 Meal
- 10/9/2007-HEB Stephenville 73.00 fuel
- 10/14/2007 Steak & Ale Fort Worth 63.25 meal
- 10/22/2007-Diamond Shamrock Fuel 75.00
- 10/16/2007-Diamond Shamrock Lampasses Fuel 67.16
- 10/24/2007Cotton Patch Cafe 9.45 meal Stephenville
- 11/6/2007HEB Stephenville - 65.32 fuel
- 11/17/2007- Skyhawk Rugs Albuquerque NM 249.00 Office supply >>> Um..Office Supply???????
Now, Sid Miller didn't file with the Republican party to run again until 12/20/2007, that's in the amount of 750.00. This probably applies to them all, but isn't it interesting that even though the Texas legislature let out in May of that year and technically, Miller wasn't running again until he filed in December, he can claim all those eat outs and fuel stops as campaign expenses? Seems off that someone who isn't technically running for office, when the Legislature is not in session, can be living off the gravy train. It's not like he doesn't have his own business or that his wife doesn't run a charter school, Erath Excels, that the Texas taxpayer helps fund.
Tags: sid miller district 59 erath excels
Latest Blog Post by salon -Sid Miller Having a Bad Day about Feral Hogs- Kaput Company Pulls Out (April 25 2017)
More Posts You Might Enjoy
Sid Miller's Irresponsible Touting of Warfarin to Kill Feral Hogs
Ruminations of the Easily Amused for 1/19/2016
More Corruption by Sid Miller's Texas Agriculture Commission
Nutty Sid Miller O Day-Who Cares About Obesity? It's Fried Foods and Soda Back in School!
You! Leave a Comment! You Know you Want To!
1 - joe
23 Mar 2008 @ 12:38:22 PM
That's an awful lot of gas on September 8th. The pump doesn't automatically cut you off until you hit $75 so these were two seperate vehicles is my guess.
Latest Blog Post by joe -Women choose Internet over Sex
You must be a registered member to comment on the blog.
Your first post is held pending approval to make sure you're not a spammer bot
Or you can login!
New poster comments are moderated,
meaning they won't show up until approved... or not. Be
patient-we have lives outside this blog, so it might take awhile You
want to be rude? totally stupid? inappropriate? Racist? Bigoted? Flame war baiter? Your
post may be deleted. Spammers or people posting pretend interest
comments but really wanting to hawk their latest book or sell stuff or
govt propaganda flacks won't see their posts published. Comments do not
necessarily reflect the viewpoint of the site owner(salon).
If you have a problem with logging in or registering, please speak up right away. Love your comments. Oh, except spammers
More on commenting
Click Here for Main Page
Sid Miller Having a Bad Day about Feral Hogs- Kaput Company Pulls Out (April 25 2017)
On Somervell County Court's Case Against Lonnie Walsh (April 24, 2017)
Ruminations of the Easily Amused for 4/25/2017
Trump's Hundred Days-What Has He Done? Not Much
Yet ANOTHER Court Ruling against Texas Lege Gerrymandering and Bigotry (April 2017)
Somervell County County-District Courtroom has some cool new A/V screens
More Blog Headlines