"You don't need to be a weatherman to tell which way the wind blows!"
The majority of Americans should be unhappy with our nation's growth and evolution --- or, if you believe it --- intelligent design.
It doesn't matter if you're Republican, Democrat or Independent. It's of no importance if you're middle class or poor, religious or atheist. As Bob Dylan sang during the 1960's, "You don't need a weatherman to tell which way the wind blows."
On the national, state and local levels generations of Americans will have to struggle to change the last decade of harm generated by wealthy special interests and the elected officials they have placed in their pockets.
Most Americans, individuals and families, are hurting --- big time!
To achieve vast wealth and power, generations of our children have been placed on a back-burner. They and their grandchildren will continue to pay the price for our folly, which was to permit leaders to squelch or circumvent constitutional laws to gain more profits. The American people have been deceived. Here is a list of some of the ways:
- Started a needless invasion and war with Iraq
- Sent our children on missions in Iraq and Afghanistan, which were ill conceived and absurdly planned with no victory in sight
- Cut taxes for the rich, while spending more than $3 Trillion on war costs
- Determined many U.S. policies and actions behind "closed doors"
- Providing false and/or misleading information and intelligence to the American people
- Eliminating urgently needed social programs for children and poorer citizens
- Doing little to prevent the diminishing quality of public education
- Permitting increased health care costs despite eliminating "frivolous" medical lawsuits
- Permitting astronomical costs of fuel ---- gas, oil, electric
- Permitting increasing costs of tuition for higher education via deregulation
- Outsourcing millions of American jobs and services without providing new opportunities for American workers
- Lying to the people of New Orleans and for NOT providing the emergency financing and services during the Katrina fiasco in a timely manner
- Selling off American public lands and ports for special interest gains
- Permitting only special interests to bid on lucrative service contracts
- Permitting the "sale" of American government to the highest special interest contributors
- Privatizing the Medicare programs recklessly and irresponsibly for special interest gains
- Pushing to privatize Social Security for special interest gains
- Increasing cases of voter fraud and lack of voting machine integrity manufactured by special interest campaign contributors
- Cutting financing for public education during the past decade and diverting those tax dollars to other interests
- Promoting irrational and unneeded toll road plans to generate more profits for special interests
- Freezing gas taxes, which build and maintain roads, and/or diverting gas taxes to other special interest needs
- Permitting loose or no enforcement of immigration laws and policies
- Illegal spying and wiretapping by the U.S. government on private citizens.
The list goes on. These are criminal and/or reckless irresponsible actions by U.S. elected officials against the American people. There's a Connecticut "cowboy" in the White House who needs to be "lassoed and reigned-in". The Bush administration has failed the American people, families and children. It has done so unabashed and without a conscience.
It is time for the American people to take back their nation from irresponsible and lackluster special interest motivated elected officials. Impeaching top members of the Bush administration may be in order.
It is time to create stronger campaign laws with enforcement capabilities that tell billion dollar corporations they no longer can purchase "the best government money can buy".
America has become a rogue nation and is distrusted by the world and many of its own citizens.
Even now the Bush Administration is trying to escalate the conflict in Iraq by sending more troops without an intelligent plan for their use. In addition, the build-up is continuing for initiating another conflict with Iran. Bush already has warned Iran not to get involved in Iraq.
Interesting thought: If Canada were under siege with another nation, would the U.S. turn the other cheek to the battles near and/or at its border?
Bush's "my way or the highway" is never more highlighted that when he first warned the world of our invasion of Iraq. He stated pointblank, "You're either with us or against us!" He never gave our world neighbors the opportunity for discussion or to attempt to gather support for the conflict with Iraq.
Furthermore, since all of the 9/11 terrorists had citizenship or ties with Saudi Arabia, the U.S. should have focused on THAT nation first. The REAL reason Saudi Arabia was not pursued is due directly to the Bush Family's long-time business and political ties with the Saudi leadership.
The Bush administration cannot be permitted to operate as some sort of religious zealots and blatant imperialists.
America must be managed as the nation of, by and foremost for American citizens!
Where, oh where, has America gone?