Ernie Casbeer (Texas District 59) Gets His Money from the District-Not So with Sid MillerSomervell County Salon-Glen Rose, Rainbow, Nemo, Glass....Texas


Ernie Casbeer (Texas District 59) Gets His Money from the District-Not So with Sid Miller

13 October 2006 at 12:25:24 PM

Funny. Sid Miller only had 12 individual contributors. from Nancy Yates

On October 10, 2006, Ernie Casbeer and Sid Miller, the candidates for State Representative District 59, filed their campaign contribution reports with the Texas Ethics Commission. You can look at these two reports at These reports tell us a lot about these two candidates.

Ernie Casbeer raised $10,955 during the reporting period. None of this money came from a political action committee (PAC). All of this money came from within the State of Texas. Contributions from individuals who live within the district Ernie wants to represent totaled $8675 or 80% of the total money contributed. The other 20% came from individuals who live in Texas but not in the district. Most of these individuals live in McGregor, where Ernie Casbeer has been a school teacher for over 30 years. None of Ernie’s contributions came from Austin, Texas. 127 contributions were made from within the district. These contributions averaged $68 a piece.

Sid Miller’s report states the he raised $10,750 during this same reporting period. PACs contributed $6300 or 59% of this total. Out-of-state contributors counted for $2000 or 19% of the total. Money from interests in Austin came to $1550 or 15% of the total. Sid only had 12 individuals in the district he represents contribute to his campaign. They contributed a total of $4400 or 41% of his total contributions. Their average contribution was $367.

So, what conclusions can we draw? Ernie received twice as much of his support from inside the district than Sid. Ten times as many people in the district gave Ernie money than people who gave to Sid. Ernie is the only candidate in the race that isn’t in debt to money from PACs and out-of-state contributors and Austin lobbyist interests.

Which one of these candidates do you want representing you?

     Views: 590 
Latest Blog Post by salon -About the Out of District Clinics Glen Rose Medical Center is running under Somervell County Hospital DISTRICT auspices

 You! Leave a Comment! You Know you Want To!
You must be a registered member to comment on the blog.
Your first post is held pending approval to make sure you're not a spammer bot

 Not registered? Or you can login!

LOGON - Name:Password:

New poster comments are moderated, meaning they won't show up until approved... or not.  Be patient-we have lives outside this blog, so it might take awhile You want to be rude? totally stupid? inappropriate? Racist? Bigoted? Flame war baiter? Your post may be deleted. Spammers or people posting pretend interest comments but really wanting to hawk their latest book or sell stuff or govt propaganda flacks won't see their posts published. Comments do not necessarily reflect the viewpoint of the site owner(salon).
If you have a problem with logging in or registering, please speak up right away. Love your comments. Oh, except spammers
More on commenting

Click Here for Main Page

Today Is  
Thursday, August 22, 2019

Latest Posts

About the Out of District Clinics Glen Rose Medical Center is running under Somervell County Hospital DISTRICT auspices
salon 8/21/2019

Albert and Shelly Turk apparently got a settlement amount from Somervell County Hospital District
salon 8/21/2019

Trump is now calling himself the *Chosen one* and by reference *King of Israel*
salon 8/21/2019

What's up in Trump's Swamp for August 17 2019?
salon 8/17/2019

Trump Continues to be a dirt-bag racist - 7/20/2019
salon 7/20/2019

US House Passes Resolution Calling Donald Trump's Comments Racist (7/16/2019)
salon 7/17/2019

More Blog Headlines


salon > Quick update on this, via Pacer-Click on pic to see larger (Turk Case Update- Telephone Conference Hearing Set for March 8 2019 )

salon > Lance Been awhile. Send me an email at with the names of who you're talking about, above. Also, the newspaper editor is no longer local, ie officed here, but the paper is run.... (What Happened to Jerry Jacene? )

LanceHall > I'd love to see the Hotel Guest books and see if Jacene's name shows up long before he officially *found* the tracks.  I'd like to know if the Visitor's Bureau has emails wit.... (What Happened to Jerry Jacene? )

LanceHall > I see the land or that part of it is now in the hands of Glen Rose's own Corky Underwood. Is Jacene still involved?   I had already informed the Visitor Bureau manager (who's.... (What Happened to Jerry Jacene? )

Home | Blog Home | About | News | Piazza | Calendar | Audio/Video/Open Rec | Search
Write!  |profile | quotes |
top Daily | top Weekly |top Month | top Year | Top All! | archives | subscribe RSS