AUDIO -MP3 link to WMA audio on Somervell County website. (This doesn't appear to be a recording of the full meeting starts apparently after the meeting has been called to order) Thank you to Michelle Reynolds and Brian of IT for the WMA
1. County Judge: Somervell County Judge Pledge of Allegiance to the Flags.
2. County Judge: Somervell County Judge Prayer.
3. County Judge: Somervell County Judge Approve Minutes of previous Commissioners Court.
4. County Judge: Somervell County Judge Discuss/take action on displaying blue ribbons and placing 4 large wooden ribbons on the Courthouse Grounds, along with 25 Flags, for Child Abuse Prevention Month, April 2015.
5. County Judge: Personnel Director / Safety Officer Discuss/take action on County Policy 3.03, Exempt Pay. ATTACHMENTS: · 2817 - Exempt Pay (PDF)
6. County Judge: Commissioner Precinct 1 Discuss/take action on County Policy 5.07, Sick Leave Pool. ATTACHMENTS: · 2828 - Sick Leave (PDF)
7. County Judge: Commissioner Precinct 2 Discuss/take action on County Policy for Pay Plan.
8.County Judge: County / District Clerk Discuss/take action on authorizing the newly elected County/District Clerk to participate, along with authorized and designated representatives, in the TexPool Investment Pools. ATTACHMENTS: · 2806 - Resolution (PDF)
9. County Judge: Somervell County Judge Discuss/take action on recommendations and appointments to the Somervell County Historical Commission. ATTACHMENTS: · 2815 - Committee, 2015 (DOCX)
10. County Judge: Somervell County Judge Discuss/take action on Stoneleaf Companies proposal for development of affordable rental housing on Highway 56 in the County. ATTACHMENTS: · 28190 - Stoneleaf (DOCX)
11. County Judge: Constable Precinct 1 Discuss/take action on authorization of Steve Pritchett as Reserve Deputy Constable Precinct 1.
12. County Judge: Commissioner Precinct 4 Discuss/take action on the final plat for Stevens Ranch Addition, lot 1, 2, 3. block 1.
13. County Judge: EMC Coordinator / Fire Marshall Discuss/take action on allocating funds for pilot training and all schools associated with the UAV.
14. County Judge: County Auditor Open proposals for Stone Hollow Property.
15. County Judge: County Auditor Approve advertising for RFP's for Bank Depository.
16. County Judge: County Sheriff Discuss/take action on the Annual Racial Profiling Report. ATTACHMENTS: · 2836 - Report (PDF)
17. County Judge: County Sheriff Discuss/take action on Bail Bond Collection Reports.
and addiitional money moves
Partial rough transcript
Exempt pay about 4:17 on the audio. (Paula) Sick leave pool-people can donate their unused time and then people can apply to use that time.
About 16:21 - Stoneleaf companies -Curtis met with Mr Dempsey to review and understand what we're committing to. Commissioner not committing to anything but support for community-in ETJ section. City would have responsibility to develop this community. We support the effort morally and ethically rather than financially. Location outside of city but within ETJ. Resolution helps them get credit through the state. Rules of state requires that they get support from both government entities. City actually doing the in-kind contribution part of it. Has determination been made whether city limit line does adjoin this property? No definitive answer to this, surveyor says goes through a quarter of the property. Some previous annexations come off that reach. Reason that question is asked, will more than likely ask for annexation into the city. Either case falls into the ETJ for the city. Obligation county for nothing. Motion to show support by proving Stoneleaf's development of affordable housing.
About 25:43 Allocating funds. Dwayne Griffin. With FAA regulations pilots must attend ground school. 4 pilots for the price of 3, a little over $800 in training budget or from $50,000 from Comanche Peak. Direction from the court which budget to use. Hulsey- donated funds. Griffin expecting a rule change in Sept, but till then requiring pilots to go to school. 28949 have spent, have used 3,219 for annual insurance policy (Brian) so we've spent 32,168.64, 17,831 remaining, part earmarked for computers and such. Husley-motion for money to use funding out of donated funds from Comanche Peak. Curtis on initial ground school,length of that? Continuing education? Griffin. No continuing education, training good for 2 years, if the FAA doens't change requirements in Sept,will have to retake in 2 years. Online classes cheaper, allow students to do at own speed. Curtis. Are reqruiments more stringent for govt agency than for an individual? Griffin. If I went out and boght one I could fly it anywhere anytime adn don't have to register it with FAA. Because we're a govt agency, and deal with public safety, have to take school, get COA, and are restricted where we can operate the UAV. A private individual could operate it anywhere. Are you saying if you wait till Sept you might not have to go to this training school? Curtis- anticipated timeline for completion? Griffin- week to two weeks. We can operate the UAV in training but can't take it out till we hvae the groundschool training. Hulsey-could you get by with 2? Griffin. 4 initially, we really to have someone available at all times should have 4 pilots. Vote 5-0
About 37: Racial profiling report. no discussion