2 January 2015 at 11:16:44 AM
I have been doing open records requests for years. I do them because I firmly believe that citizens should know what their elected officials are doing. Sometimes some meetings I have attended have been so short and have had so little discussion that I've wondered what the fool they were talking about. This doesn't include the times I directly asked active board members (as opposed to suspended board member(s)) for information (and received it, such as the board book that included this.) or was telephoned or got an email, such as this document . I include the following as encouragement to ALL Somervell County Salon's readers as it's not only not difficult to ask, but if you want to be informed, sometimes you MUST see the records (or hear the audio or video) to understand what your elected officials are doing. I also am really big on going up and personally talking or telephoning to elected officials, at least until the time I start to believe they are not responsive for whatever reason.
Nov 18, 2014 (I still do not have item #1, sent a complaint to the Attorney General's office about this. Will be putting up the salary information in next couple of weeks.
- I am requesting audio of the Somervell County Hospital District board meeting held on November 11, 2014. I would like to come in with a flash drive and get a copy of the audio at your earliest convenience.
- I am requesting an inspection, in person, of each and all yearly salaries/wages for all employees that are paid by the Somervell County Hospital District dba Glen Rose Medical Center. I would like the name of the person, his or her title and the yearly salary amount that was actually paid, including overtime and other salary details, including deductions. In a previous open records request, I came in person to inspect individual W2 forms, which included all the above information, and expect that would be the situation in this case again. Please let me know when I may come in to inspect the W2s or what individual records show this information at a mutually convenient time and date.
Oct 23, 2014 - Doctor expressed STRONG Concerns about Ray Reynolds and Torch. Wondering Who the Hospital District Board member is that was too busy fighting others to help with patient care issues?(2014) Glen Rose Medical Center Employee Believes She Was being harrassed and bullied
I am requesting, in electronic format, the following. I would like this sent back in email or if not possible, would be happy to come inspect the records in person at a mutually convenient time.
All communications between any and all current hospital board members and any and all doctors and/or medical staff that work for Glen Rose Medical Center and/or Pecan Family Medical Center since 10/14/2014 through this date (10/23/2014). This includes all emails, notes or text messages (any form of written communication), excluding any information that could violate HPPA laws or attachments in emails that are publicly available.
Oct 13, 2014. I have a complaint in to the Attorney General about item #1 Oops. Darrell Best accidentally sent email meant for *Ron* to someone else.
I am requesting the following for inspection in person at a mutually convenient time.
- Any communications between (any and all current hospital board members and/or any and all hospital employees at all levels, from director on down to the lowest) and Darrell Best aka George Darrell Best since May 31, 2014 through this date (10/13/2014). This includes all emails, notes, or text messages (any form of written communication) to exclude any information that could violate HPPA laws or attachments in emails that are publicly available.
- All communications between any and all current hospital board members/hospital employees at the CEO/CFO/directors level with any and all doctors that work for Glen Rose Medical Center and/or Pecan Family Medical Center since May 31 2014 through this date (10/13/2014). This includes all emails, notes or text messages (any form of written communication), excluding any information that could violate HPPA laws or attachments in emails that are publicly available.
Oct 10, 2014-Actually did this one again since the information supplied was not total yearly salary information but rather rate per hour.
I would like to see salary information for each and all employees at all levels that work for Glen Rose Medical Center, to include any who also work at Pecan Family Medical Center. If there is additional monies going out to any employees such as bonuses or spiffs, please include that too.
I would like to come in and inspect the records in person at a mutually convenient time.
If you would, I’d appreciate your responding that you have received this request.
I would like to come inspect these items in person at a mutually convenient time.
October 8, 2014. I plan to do a separate post on this, will put up link after I'm done.
I am requesting, in electronic format, all open records requests that have been done since May 1, 2014 through today’s date. I’m asking for the request itself as opposed to the response to the open records, so the requests would include the name of the requester, date, who the request was directed towards, and what was requested, in its original form. I would like this to be sent back in email if possible.
October 8, 2014
I am requesting, in electronic format, all communications between Ronald Hankins and Darrell Best (aka George Darrell Best) that involve district business since the date Ronald Hankins was sworn in as Somervell County Hospital District board member. These communications include text messages and emails and any other form of written communications.
August 4, 2014
I am requesting the following, in electronic digital format to be sent back via email if possible.
- The minutes and audio from the board meeting, conducted by the previous board, ie, the temporary Somervell County Hospital District board, in which the board discussed the cost of the construction/remodeling project which is on the current (8/4/2014) agenda, as designed by the contracted architectural firm , reviewed and discussed the finances, cost, and money required to get it done, including after seeing a written submitted bid with costs, and voted to proceed by approving seeking financial backing, including a bank loan. I am looking specifically for the meeting in which approval to get funding to proceed with construction by seeking a bank loan was voted on by the previous board, so would be before May 2014 when the new board was sworn in.
- Alternatively, if such record does not exist, the minutes and audio from the meeting in which the temporary board voted to authorize Ray Reynolds to seek funding without a specific board vote before the information was available regarding cost of the project.
Nov 7, 2013 What Happened to Josh Pendergraft at GRMC? Found out that actually Andy Lucas had gotten a copy of the attorney opinion some time before without letting me know, so I did my own request to get it.
I am requesting the following, in digital format. I will come in and pay for appropriate costs involved before getting and bring in a flash drive for the copy, let me know the cost
- Copy of Attorney’s opinion (I assume from your attorney firm Reed, Claymon, Meeker, and Hargett) regarding the legality of spending Somervell county taxpayer money (through 501a account, equipment, lease, etc) in gated community Pecan Plantation in Hood County’s hospital district.
- Copy of any documents relating to Joshua Pendergraft’s last days of employment, including, for example, final termination letters, reason for leaving, terms of dismissal, agreements between GRMC and Pendergraft regarding his no longer working at GRMC, etc.
Oct 29, 2013
I am requesting a digital audio file of the meeting that was described as “Board Meeting” on the doors of the conference room this morning (October 29, 2013) . I would like this sent via email, happy to come in and pay for the file first
October 23, 2013
I am requesting the following, in digital format
- Audio (digital format, to be sent back via email) of the meeting from October 22, 2013 of the Somervell County Hospital District. Let me know the charge and I will come pay before you send it to me via email.
October 21, 2013
I am requesting the following information. I was previously told via open records request of August 8, 2013 that no management services agreement or contract between GRMC and the 501a existed, nor were there any requisitioned requests from the 501a. However, I refer you to the Management Services Agreement between Glen Rose Healthcare Inc and Somervell County Hospital Authority dba Glen Rose Medical Center, created Jan 1, 2010, which does exist, was signed and dated by both Larry Shaw and Michael Davis, and which spells out the terms of providing supplemental (“shortfall) monies to the 501a. I assume this agreement has been updated as well for the Somervell County Hospital District-if it has not please indicate that the Management Services agreement no longer applies because one does not exist for the newly formed Somervell County Hospital District.
- All copies of any reports in which money is shown to have been approved, from August 8, 2013 to the present date (October 21, 2013) for the 501a (Glen Rose Healthcare Inc) that is supplemental money; ie, shortfall type money.
- All Requests for OSA originating from the 501a from 1/1/2013 to 10/21/2013.
- All backup documentation from the 501a, including Requests for OSA, to show how the money for any shortfall monies approved per item 1, above, was requested and then, after the fact, verified, for the following dates: Any shortfall amounts approved since August 8, 2013), and the shortfall approval for 7/22/2013, tracking ID 992710) for $20,000. Backup documentation being a detailed list for the OSA transfer of 7/22/2013 (tracking ID 992710) and any since the date of August 8, 2013, from the 501a showing how the OSA was used. . (See Schedule C- C.4 which says “The Physician Group shall provide the Medical Center with all backup and documentary information necessary to analyze the statement. …..A detailed use of OSA shall be provided to the Medical Center after each OSA transfer showing how the OSA was used”
- All members of the 501a who receive these monies as well as the person(s) that have direct access to the 501a account that GRMC maintains.
August 17, 2013
Hi, Ms Collins
I am requesting, in digital, electronic format, on CD or back through email.
- Audio for the Hospital Authority Board meeting on May 30, 2013 that was held at 7:30 am
- Audio for the Hospital Authority Board meeting on July 2, 2013 that was held at 7:30 am
- 501a Report submitted by Mo Sheldon on May 30 2013 for meeting held at 7:30 am
- 501a CEO report submitted by Ray Reynolds on July 2, 2013 for meeting held at 7:30 am
If the cost of this is beyond $25, please let me know first
August 20, 2013
Hi, Ms Collins:
I am requesting, in digital electronic format, the audio from the budget workshop held by the Somervell County Hospital District/Glen Rose Medical Center on August 20, 2013, on CD if possible or sent back through email.
August 20, 2013 -See also post from August 13, 2010 501a agreement here.(2010) Purpose of 501a-shortfall-Ray Reynolds video 2014 Ray Reynolds says he is not following the letter ot the law (2014) Attempt by board to change terms of 501a (2014) Board votes for non-accountability 501a new contract (2014)
I am requesting, in digital, electronic, format, copies of the following:
All written requests, itemized or otherwise, from Glen Rose Healthcare Inc (ie, 501a) to Somervell County Hospital Authority or other written documents that reference and detail the purpose of the monetary transfers below coming from the 501a or any representatives of same, that created the money transfers from Hosp Auth to 501a Oper, transfer dates being
6/19/13 Tracking ID 934908 Description Hosp Auth to 501a Oper $10,000
6/20/13 Tracking ID 936579 Description Hosp Auth to 501a Oper $5,000
7/19/13 Tracking ID 987193 Description Hosp Auth to 501a Oper $7,000
7/22/13 Tracking ID: 992710 Description Hosp Auth to 501a Oper $20,0000
If the cost of this is beyond $25, please let me know first
August 8, 2013 Excursis on Open Records (2014) Based on the exchange and records returned, I filed a complaint with Sheriff Doyle, which Andy Lucas also looked at. It included, as you see below, questions about spending tax money in Pecan Plantation, which is in its own hospital district.
I am requesting the following items, in electronic, digital format, happy to get on CD
- All copies of agreements, including management agreements between Glen Rose Healthcare Inc (the 501a) and Somervell County Hospital Authority/Somervell County Hospital District dba Glen Rose Medical Center from October 2009 to this date, to include any new management agreements made after the District was finalized.
- All copies of any reports in which money is shown to have been approved, from January 2013 to current date (August 8 2013) for the 501a (Glen Rose Healthcare Inc) above what the management agreement specifies; ie, shortfall type money.
- All copies of any reports in which money is shown to have been approved, from January 2013 to current date (August 8 2013) to be spent at Pecan Family Medical Center in Hood County, including payments to doctors, equipment purchases or rental, lease payments or anything else financial.
- If the lease for Pecan Family Medical Center has changed in any way from the previous lease since the Somervell County Hospital District has been finalized, I would like a copy of the new lease.
If the cost of this is above $25, please let me know first.
If you would, please let me know that you received this email.
glen rose medical center
Latest Blog Post by salon -Video- Somervell County Commissioners Court Special Sessions (2) Dec 23 2019
More Posts You Might Enjoy
Sheriff Logs, Jail Logs, Fire Logs from Nov 15, 2019 through Dec 18, 2019
*The Other* -Why Does Somervell County Hospital District Categorize Property Taxes as Other under Revenue
Somervell County Hospital District CFO Report from Dec 5 2019 and I-35 Clinic Info
8/23/2019- Judgement Against The State of Texas and George Darrell Best
You! Leave a Comment! You Know you Want To!
You must be a registered member to comment on the blog.
Your first post is held pending approval to make sure you're not
a spammer bot
Or you can login!
New poster comments are moderated,
meaning they won't show up until approved... or not. Be patient-we
have lives outside this blog, so it might take awhile You want to be rude?
totally stupid? inappropriate? Racist? Bigoted? Flame war baiter? Your
post may be deleted. Spammers or people posting pretend interest comments
but really wanting to hawk their latest book or sell stuff or govt
propaganda flacks won't see their posts published. Comments do not
necessarily reflect the viewpoint of the site owner(salon).
If you have a problem with logging in or registering, please speak up
right away. Love your comments. Oh, except spammers
More on commenting
for Main Page
Tuesday, January 21, 2020
Paul Harper offered to settle State of Texas ex rel. Best v Harper lawsuit for $68k back in 2016
Video- Somervell County Commissioners Court Special Sessions (2) Dec 23 2019
Top 100 Posts on Somervell County Salon for 2019
Plans for Somervell County Salon Blog for 2020
Imagine you were called up for jury duty and some people said they'd already made up their mind
National Review on Removing Trump from Office (12/2019)
Been awhile. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the names of who you're talking about, above. Also, the newspaper editor is no longer local, ie officed here, but the paper is run....
(What Happened to Jerry Jacene? )
I'd love to see the Hotel Guest books and see if Jacene's name shows up long before he officially *found* the tracks. I'd like to know if the Visitor's Bureau has emails wit....
(What Happened to Jerry Jacene? )
I see the land or that part of it is now in the hands of Glen Rose's own Corky Underwood.
Is Jacene still involved? I had already informed the Visitor Bureau manager (who's....
(What Happened to Jerry Jacene? )