Only just saw this about Jim Hogan, from Cleburne. He's not really a Democrat but apparently ran as a Democrat because there were too many Republicans on the ballot, including Sid *Sonogram* Miller.
Why no one can take Answers in Genesis seriously. On Science.
- By definition, no apparent, perceived or claimed evidence in any field, including history and chronology, can be valid if it contradicts the scriptural record. Of primary importance is the fact that evidence is always subject to interpretation by fallible people who do not possess all information.
On low voter turnout in Texas. Only 3.6 percent of registered voters turned out in the runoff. I know why I didn't.I for sure wasn't going to vote Republican because I have too much self-respect. Plus, there were no contested Democrat races that made it necessary for me to vote.
Statement from Elmira NY school district with regard to students being able to opt out of participating in the Pledge of Allegiance.
The district’s email to staff outlined the following points:
• Students cannot be compelled to salute the flag, recite the pledge, or even stand in silence.
• Students cannot be excluded from the room during the pledge
Students must be permitted to sit quietly during the pledge.
• Students who decline to participate are not, however, permitted to act disruptively during the pledge, such as by making motions, gestures, or noises.
• Similarly, other students may not disrupt the pledge by making motions, gestures, or noises to draw attention to or criticize the students who have opted out.
• Whether during the pledge or at other times, other students may not retaliate against the students opting out through threats, intimidation, or any other behaviors that would violate the Code of Conduct.
• District employees may not retaliate against students who opt out and should appropriately take and refer complaints from students regarding any inappropriate behaviors without taking sides in the debate, as we would on any topic about which people might feel passionately.
• All students may have opinions on the matter and may express those opinions in appropriate settings and at appropriate times (that is, not during instructional time dedicated to other subjects).
The Pledge of Allegiance was written in 1892 by socialist minister Francis Bellamy. The website, ushistory.org, noted several changes were made over the years. In 1923, the words “to the Flag of the United States of America” replaced “my Flag.” In 1954, in response to the Communist threat of the time, President Dwight Eisenhower encouraged Congress to add the words “under God,” leading to the 31-word Pledge as it is known today.
We knew of that, and that the Pledge of Allegiance is not only from a socialist but was done Hitler-style with arms extended. Pretty hilarious
Will Dan Patrick be able to fool Texas hispanics?
Democrats largely remain skeptical; Patrick opposes a pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants and allowing undocumented students to pay in-state tuition rates to attend public universities. Van de Putte has been a vocal supporter of in-state tuition for undocumented students and has talked about the need for comprehensive immigration reform.
Emmanuel Garcia, communications director for the Texas Democratic Party, said that Patrick's "anti-immigrant rhetoric" helped him win the Republican nomination in the runoff, but that he now has to face Latino voters in the general election.
"Patrick can't try to tear down the Latino community and attack our families and then expect to have our support," Garcia said. "Does he think he can just disrespect us and then be welcomed at our home? That's not the way things work."
While I didn't vote in the primary or the runoff, I do plan to get out and vote for Leticia Van Putte in the general. Who besides a Republican wants to be associated with racism?
Shaming those slow ISPs If you think the internet should be neutral and not play favorites with corporations who have better lobbyists, tell the FCC.
Speaking of Government Welfare-oh, right, for corporations. Verizon this time. Why that lazy, lying corporation, why dont' they quit being Welfare Queens and use their profits to support themselves without a handout?????? Why the INDIGNITY!
Laughing at Kayne West and whatsername that is famous for a sex tape.
These are amazing. Wooden bikes
So.. does Anthony Weiner also look like the kid from The Munsters?
Beaufiful trailer from Book of Life-Day of the Dead