Link to site
Notice of Regular Meeting
The Board of Trustees
Glen Rose Independent School District
A Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees of Glen Rose Independent School District will be held December 16, 2010, beginning at 6:30 PM in the Board Room of the Administration Bldg., 1102 Stadium Drive, Glen Rose, TX.
The subjects to be discussed or considered or upon which any formal action may be taken are as listed below. Items do not have to be taken in the order shown on this meeting notice.
Unless removed from the consent agenda, items identified within the consent agenda will be acted on at one time.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND ESTABLISH QUORUM
2. FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS
B. Pledge of Allegiance
3. STUDENT RECOGNITION
A. Recognize winners of the GRISD annual Christmas Card contest
B. Recognize Luminant Essay Scholarship Contest Winner
4. AUDITOR'S REPORT
A.District Financial Audit Report for fiscal year ending August 31, 2010 Presenter: Snow, Garrett & Co.
5. 2010 Bond Project Update Presenter: PBK Architects, Buford Thompson
A. Arena Design
B. Band Hall Design
C. Ag. Facility Design
6. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION Time is set aside to hear comments from the audience regarding agenda items or other topics of general concern. Any complaint brought against a district employee or involving the discipline of a student shall be heard in closed session (Texas Government Code, Sections 551.074 and 551.082)
7. BOARD PRESIDENT'S REPORT
A. Announcement of Board Member Continuing Education Hours
8. REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS
A. Intermediate Campus Report
1. Student Enrollment/Attendance
2. Programs and Initiatives
B. Superintendent's Report
1. District Enrollment/Attendance Update
2. District Activities
3. Legislative Update
9. CONSENT AGENDA Items included are of a routine and/or recurring nature that are grouped together to be voted on by one vote, unless a Board member requests that an item be withdrawn for individual consideration. The remaining items shall be adopted by one vote.
A. Minutes of 11/22/10 Special and Reg. Bd. Meetings
B. District Monthly Investment Report
C. District Quarterly Investment Report
D. November 2010 Financial Report
E. Budget Amendments
F. Textbook Adoption Committee Members
10. ACTION ITEMS
A. Consider district financial audit report for fiscal year ending August 31, 2010. Presenter: Judy Shipman
B. Consider approval of 2010 Bond Phase II-A Project Proposals Presenter: Wayne Rotan
11. CLOSED SESSION
A. Deliberate evaluation of superintendent (TX Gov't Code 551.074)
B. Consultation with attorney regarding litigation (J. Ogletree) (TX Gov't. Code 551.071)
C. Reconvene in open session and take action on items discussed in closed session, if any.
If, during the course of the meeting, discussion of any item on the agenda should be held in a closed meeting, the Board will conduct a closed meeting in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Government Code, Chapter 551, Subchapters D and E. Before any closed meeting is convened, the presiding officer will publicly identify the section or sections of the Act authorizing the closed meeting. All final votes, actions, or decisions will be taken in open meeting.
The notice for this meeting was posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meeting Act on __________________, at ____________.