Thank you, Peggy Busch!
Regularly Scheduled Monthly Meeting of the GREDC
September 7, 2010 – 6:00 PM
COUNCIL CHAMBERS – TOWN HALL
THE GREDC BOARD WILL HOLD ITS REGULARILY SCHEDULED MEETING AT 6:00 PM ON TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2010, IN TOWN HALL, 201 NE VERNON STREET:
1. Citizens Comments:The GREDC welcomes comments from Citizens. Those wishing to speak must sign in before the meeting begins. Speakers may speak on any topic, whether on the Agenda or not, but must observe a three-minute time limit. Members of the Board may answer direct questions, but no action may be taken on non-Agenda items at this meeting.
2. Approve Minutesof previous meeting of August 2, 2010.
3. Treasurer's ReportSales Tax collections for August.
4. Welcome New Member to Board- Sandra Ramsey
Open Meetings Act Training
5. Discuss/Take Action2009/2010 Budget
Approval From City Council to move $32024 from Travel and Legal to Promotions.
6. Discuss/Take Action2010/2011 Budget
Reserve 6 months Cert. of Obligation payments in budget in 2010/2011 budget
Update on Certificate of Obligation payment schedule
7. Discuss/Take Actionon outside auditor proposal presented by Mitchell George
8. Wheeler Branch Reservoir- discuss/take action on possible project concerning the Wheeler Branch Reservoir by Mike Jones.
9. Discuss/Take Actionon Margaret Drake's application to hire an engineering firm to study the crossing on the Paluxy at Walnut Street
10. Updatefrom Barnard's Mill Project
11. Discuss/Take Actionon a request for a $2000 matching grant for Barnard's Mill to build ADA ramp and to buy tables and chairs for the newly retrofitted "apartment" wing
12. Discuss Meeting with City Council concerning Projects the Boardwould like to investigate including but not limited to:
Main Streets Program
Signage at City Limits
Signage at entryway to downtown from State Park
Certified Retirement Community
Pedestrian Bridge over Paluxy to River Walk
Glen Rose Trail System
Glen Rose Pass
Scope of other projects for consideration
13. Discuss Take Action on Annual Calendar
14. Discuss/Take Actionon any issues that need to be placed on City Council Agenda, including but not limited to:
Approval of the hiring of an outside auditor
15. Executive Session: The GREDC reserves the right to meet in a closed session on any of the following items should the need arise and if applicable, pursuant to authorization by Texas Government Code, Sections 551.071 (consultation with attorney), 551.072 (deliberations about real property), 551.073 (deliberations about gifts and donations), 551.074 (personnel matters), 551.076 (deliberations about security devices), 551.087 (economic development), 418.183 (homeland security).
16. Action on Executive Session.
I HEREBY CERTIFYthat the above NOTICE OF MEETING was posted on the Bulletin Board at Town Hall at 5:00 PM on Friday, September 3, 2010.
________________________________ Peggy Busch, City Secretary