Courtesy Mygnonne T
NOTICE OF MEETING
CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLEN ROSE
DECEMBER 14, 2009 - 5:30 PM
COUNCIL CHAMBERS – TOWN HALL
THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLEN ROSE WILL MEET AT 5:30 P.M. ON MONDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2009, IN TOWN HALL, 201 NE VERNON STREET, TO DISCUSS AND POSSIBLY TAKE ACTION ON THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
1. Citizen Comments: This is for citizens to comment on any subject concerning city business that is not on the current agenda. Members of the Council may answer direct questions, but no action may be taken at this meeting.
2. Approve minutes of previous meeting(s).
3. Donna Hagee of the Master Gardeners Association to address Council on their rose garden project for 2010.
4. Discuss and possibly agree to Interlocal Agreement with GRISD for maintenance of Beck Field.
5. Discuss and possibly approve Resolution to work with TxDOT on solution to drainage problem.
6. Consider and possibly adopt Resolution changing the City Council meeting times from the second Monday of each month to the second and fourth Mondays of each month.
7. Consider and possibly approve raising salary of newly elected City Council members from $10 per meeting to $100 per month (beginning with Council members elected in May 2010).
7. Consider and approve or deny proposed change in the Zoning Ordinance requiring dumpsters to be shielded from public view.
9. Consider and possibly approve budget for operation and maintenance of Oakdale Park.
10. Consider and possibly approve closing McAllister Street from Northeast Barnard Street to its intersection with College Street.
11. Discuss and possibly authorize Sefko & Associates to produce an “overlay” ordinance for Highway 67 & 144, and the Paluxy River District through the City.
12. Continue discussion of guidelines and procedures for enforcing the state noise ordinance or possibly developing a noise ordinance for the City.
13. Discuss and possibly approve job description for City Administrator or Community Development Director.
14. Update on 4B Economic Development Tax Corporation committee activities.
15. Consider and possibly approve all invoices currently due and payable by the Glen Rose 4B Economic Development Corporation and possibly approve all change orders on the Riverwalk Project.
16. Update on Texas Department of Transportation’s progress on flood control problems in Stadium Addition.
17. Executive Session:The City Council of the City of Glen Rose reserves the right to meet in a closed session on any of the following items should the need arise and if applicable, pursuant to authorization by Texas Government Code, Sections 551.071 (consultation with attorney), 551.072 (deliberations about real property), 551.073 (deliberations about gifts and donations), 551.074 (personnel matters), 551.076 (deliberations about security devices), 551.087 (economic development), 418.183 (homeland security).
18. Possible action on Executive Session.
Mygnonne Thomas, City Clerk
NOTICE: This agenda was correct and complete at the time it was submitted to the City’s Official Newspaper for publication. The City retains the right to make additions, deletions or corrections to this agenda until 72 hours prior to the time of the meeting.
I HEREBY CERTIFY that the above NOTICE OF MEETING was posted on the Bulletin Board at Town Hall at 5:00 PM on Friday, December 11, 2009.
________________________________ Mygnonne Thomas, City Clerk