Courtesy Mygnonne T
NOTICE OF MEETING
CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLEN ROSE
NOVEMBER 9, 2009 - 5:30 PM
COUNCIL CHAMBERS – TOWN HALL
THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GLEN ROSE WILL MEET AT 5:30 P.M. ON MONDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2009, IN TOWN HALL, 201 NE VERNON STREET, TO DISCUSS AND POSSIBLY TAKE ACTION ON THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
1. Citizen Comments: This is for citizens to comment on any subject concerning city business that is not on the current agenda. Members of the Council may answer direct questions, but no action may be taken at this meeting.
2. Minutes: Approve minutes of previous meeting(s).
3. Approve transfer of $412,741.75 from Glen Rose Capital Cash Project to Glen Rose 4B Economic Development Corporation, to repay funds expended for Riverwalk construction.
4. Approve ordinance placing Freedom Church property inside the Extraterritorial Jurisdiction of the City.
5. Zoning Ordinance Change: Consider and approve or deny proposed change in the Zoning Ordinance requiring dumpsters to be shielded from public view.
6. Discuss and possibly authorize Sefko & Associates to produce an “overlay” ordinance for Highway 67 & 144, and the Paluxy River District through the City.
7. Discuss and possibly authorize Daniel Sims of Sefko to apply for the Texas Parks & Wildlife Grant.
8. Continue discussion of guidelines and procedures for enforcing the state noise ordinance or possibly developing a noise ordinance for the City.
9 Discuss and possibly approve ordinance creating the position of City Administrator.
10. Discuss and possibly approve job description for City Administrator or Community Development Director.
11. Consider and possibly approve repealing the Ordinance to Provide Uniform Commercial Building Standards adopted August 11, 2008, and replacing it with an Ordinance to Provide Uniform Exteriors to Non-residential buildings.
12. Cast City’s allotted 74 votes for new board member of County Appraisal District.
13. Consider and possibly adopt Resolution to apply for Energy Efficiency Conservation Block Grant.
14. Update on 4B Economic Development Tax Corporation committee activities.
15. Consider and possibly approve all invoices currently due and payable by the Glen Rose 4B Economic Development Corporation and possibly approve all change orders on the Riverwalk Project.
16. Discuss and possibly prepare modifications to Police Department Policies & Procedures.
17. Update on Texas Department of Transportation’s progress on flood control problems in Stadium Addition.
18. CVB Report.
19. Executive Session:The City Council of the City of Glen Rose reserves the right to meet in a closed session on any of the following items should the need arise and if applicable, pursuant to authorization by Texas Government Code, Sections 551.071 (consultation with attorney), 551.072 (deliberations about real property), 551.073 (deliberations about gifts and donations), 551.074 (personnel matters), 551.076 (deliberations about security devices), 551.087 (economic development), 418.183 (homeland security).
20. Possible action on Executive Session.
Mygnonne Thomas, City Clerk
NOTICE: This agenda was correct and complete at the time it was submitted to the City’s Official Newspaper for publication. The City retains the right to make additions, deletions or corrections to this agenda until 72 hours prior to the time of the meeting.
I HEREBY CERTIFY that the above NOTICE OF MEETING was posted on the Bulletin Board at Town Hall at 5:00 PM on Friday, November 6, 2009.
________________________________ Mygnonne Thomas, City Clerk